- Head & Neck 5000 closed to recruitment at the end of December 2014. A total of 5511 people from across 76 UK centres are taking part in the study, making Head & Neck 5000 the largest study of its kind, worldwide.
- The Follow-up Study started in November 2016 and will run until autumn 2018. 62 of the sites that took part in the original study are open and over 2100 questionnaires have been completed so far.
News updates can be found on our news page.
- We are sharing anonymized data from the study with researchers working on ethically approved studies. Over 30 projects have so far been approved.
- The information and samples collected throughout the study are being analysed and publications on the results are being prepared. Initial findings have been presented at international meetings and conferences. The study is now part of an international group that are looking into the causes of head and neck cancer.
- Please keep an eye on the website for further details.