- Head & Neck 5000 closed to recruitment at the end of December 2014. A total of 5511 people from across 76 UK centres are taking part in the study, making Head & Neck 5000 the largest study of its kind, worldwide.
- The Follow-up Study is now underway and we currently have over half of the sites open and around 2500 questionnaires have been posted out.
News updates can be found on our news page.
- We are sharing anonymized data from the study with researchers working on ethically approved studies. Over twenty projects have so far been approved.
- The information and samples collected throughout the study are being analysed and publications on the results are being prepared. Initial findings have been presented at international meetings and conferences. The study is now part of an international group that are looking into the causes of head and neck cancer.
- Please keep an eye on the website for further details.