- Head & Neck 5000 closed to recruitment at the end of December 2014. A total of 5511 people from across 76 UK centres were recruited to the study, making Head & Neck 5000 the largest study of its kind, worldwide.
- The Follow-up Study started in November 2016 and will run until autumn 2018. 63 of the sites that took part in the original study are open and over 2100 questionnaires have been completed so far.
News updates can be found on our news page.
- We are sharing anonymized data from the study with researchers working on ethically approved studies. Over 30 projects have so far been approved.
- Initial findings have been presented at international meetings and conferences. Papers are being published in peer review journals. The study is part of several national and international consortia that are looking into the causes of and the predictors of outcome in head and neck cancer.
- Please keep an eye on the website for further details.