The strategy group was created with the funding award and meets twice yearly. Their role is to provide guidance and specialised input in relation to the progress of the NIHR programme.
- Ms Christine Allmark: National Cancer Research Institute Consumer Liaison Group (NCRI CLG) and Independent Cancer Patients Voice (ICPV)
- Dr Sheila Fisher: Leeds Institute of Cancer and Pathology, University of Leeds
- Ms Katrina Hurley: Senior Research Nurse, Head and Neck Surgical Research Team, University of Bristol
- Dr Vanessa Marshall: Manager NIHR Bristol BRC Nutrition Theme
- Professor Andy Ness: Professor of Epidemiology, Bristol Dental School, University of Bristol
- Professor Tim Peters: Professor of Primary Care Health Services Research
- Dr David Stokes: Chief Executive, Cleft Lip and Palate Association
- Professor Simon Rogers: Consultant Maxillofacial Surgeon, University Hospital Aintree
- Professor Nicky Rumsey: Research Director at The Centre for Appearance Research, University of the West of England.
- Professor Jonathan Sandy: Professor of Orthodontics; Dean of Medicine and Dentistry; University of Bristol
- Professor Steven Thomas: Professor in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Bristol Dental School, University of Bristol
- Dr Andrea Waylen: Senior Lecturer in Psychology, Bristol Dental School, University of Bristol
- Professor Helen Worthington: Cochrane Oral Health Group, School of Dentistry, The University of Manchester